Phillips Home Improvements Limited Lifetime (20 years) Gutter Warranty
This warranty is limited to workmanship and only applies to the original customer. Some issues of peeling may be due to influences other than workmanship and are not covered by this warranty.
Inclusions – What is covered
- Workmanship / Labor: Your new gutter system is covered by our limited lifetime warranty as long as you, the original purchaser, own the home, up to 20 years.
- Rust free gutters and downspouts, leaks due to workmanship, gutters coming loose from structure due to workmanship, gutters falling off due to workmanship and downspouts becoming loose and/or falling off due to workmanship.
- Gutter sealant that the joints and corners are sealed with is a limited-life item and is covered by Phillips for the first 5 years.
- Gutter Repairs and Partial Jobs are covered for one year from the date of the initial repair.
- PVC Flex-hoses are covered for one year.
Exclusions – What is not covered
- Damage to your gutter system due to reasons other than a defect in workmanship is not covered. Examples of such are: any type of weather damage, such as trees falling, hail, lightning, wind, fire, earthquake; house settling, rotten trim boards or siding, act of war, man-made damage from you or anyone on your property not employed by Phillips, animal damage or other problems such as bird nests, clogging or flow problems due to debris or house settling.
- Clogging or overflowing
- Normal wear-and-tear, such as tiger striping and oxidation, are not covered.
- Standing water: It is common for standing water, up to ½”, to remain in gutters prior to evaporation.
- Wood, composite siding, brick, metal, all other substrates, and water damage are not covered by this warranty.
- Damage to landscaping and soil: A gutter system is only one component of a rainwater management system. Additional work such as french drains may be needed to further direct the water.
- Abnormal use or misuse.
- Structural defects, settling and movement.
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of Phillips.
- Materials: Phillips does not produce the pre-painted gutter material and parts. We only form, cut, and install them. As such, these materials are guaranteed by the manufacturer and not by Phillips. In the unlikely event of a material problem, we will assist you in getting the issue resolved.
Remedy – What Phillips is obligated to do about a covered problem.
- If defect is reported to Phillips in writing, Phillips will inspect the affected areas. The sole remedy against Phillips shall be for repairing or replacing, at our discretion, the defective area of the gutter not including consequential damages to substrates or anything else. We also reserve the right to provide a full or partial refund in lieu of repair or replacement.
- There is a $75 service fee due at the time of placing service request. Service calls for gutter issues normally turn out to be clogged gutters, which are not covered. However, if the technician can resolve the problem on the spot he will. If not, he will either schedule warranty service or provide you with a price for the uncovered work.
- In the event that the original customer sells the property, this warranty may be transferred at no charge to the new owner provided that the transfer request is submitted to Phillips in writing within 12 months of the project completion date.
- This warranty only applies to work that has been paid in full and on time in accordance with the original terms on the contract.
- Property must be accessible to Phillips to perform the repairs.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY PHILLIPS AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY PHILLIPS TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THE CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT SHALL PHILLIPS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT.
For warranty service, you should contact Phillips to schedule an inspection of your property by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (972) 867-9792.