Phillips Home Improvements Limited Painting Warranty
This warranty is limited to workmanship and only applies to the original customer. Some issues of peeling may be due to influences other than workmanship and are not covered by this warranty.
Inclusions – What is covered
- 3 Years: Paint on siding, trim, eaves, patio doors
- 1 Year: Exterior Staining of doors, fences, decks, arbors, pergolas, lattice, columns, corbels, and all other exterior staining, carpentry repairs, windows lintels
Exclusions – What is not covered
- Door thresholds, coating on any damaged or deteriorated substrate, peeling or chipping that results from previous coating failure, any paint on a horizontal surface, such as flooring, decks and stairs, railings, areas where paint is exposed to excessive water such as areas low to the ground or near automatic sprinklers, exterior sheetrock ceilings.
- Wood, masonite, brick, metal, and all other substrates are not covered by this warranty.
- Any work where Phillips did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Exact color matches
- Cracks in drywall, plaster, wood, composite, or fiber-cement products.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Abnormal use or misuse.
- Structural defects.
- Settling and movement.
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of Phillips.
- The materials applied by Phillips are guaranteed by the manufacturer and not by Phillips.
Remedy – What Phillips is obligated to do about a covered problem
- If defects in workmanship appears and is reported to Phillips in writing within the three year period, Phillips will inspect the affected areas and make any necessary repairs to the paint.
- The sole remedy against Phillips under this limited warranty shall be for repairing the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the contract and not any consequential damages to substrates or anything else.
- In the event that the original customer sells the property, this warranty may be transferred at no charge to the new owner provided that the transfer request is submitted to Phillips in writing within 12 months of the project completion date.
- This warranty only applies to work that has been paid in full and on time in accordance with the original terms on the contract.
Property must be accessible to Phillips to perform the repairs.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY PHILLIPS AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY PHILLIPS TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE FRONT OF THE CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT SHALL PHILLIPS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT.
For warranty service, you should contact Phillips to schedule an inspection of your property by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (972) 867-9792.